A post written by fellow-lender, Joe Petrowsky, inspired me today ...
In Joe's post, he spoke of a client he was able to assist in saving some pretty hefty dollars. How did he do this?
He suggested they utilize their VA Loan benefits.
No other lender had made that suggestion up to that point. No other lender had taken the time to do the necessary homework that Joe did. His advice will end-up saving them hundreds of dollars each month.
To me, Joe's story is the perfect example of WHY it's so important for potential Borrowers to do some homework and digging on their own prior to choosing their mortgage lender. Referrals are needed. Questions need to be asked.
So what do you look for? What are those questions? Here are some to consider ...
- How long has the LO been in business?
- How local are they? (How well will they know the area in which you hope to buy/refinance?)
- What lending/financial education do they have?
- What's their expertise?
- How many loans have they closed?
- What kind of mortgage programs do they offer?
- Do they take the time to explain financing options thoroughly?
- Do they have additional background knowledge and skills that can prove beneficial to their clients and referral partners? (These days creativity and being able to think "out of the box" counts!)
- What are their communication skills? (Face-to-face, online, texting, emails, phone, etc.?)
- What do past clients and referral partners say about them?
- How are their LISTENING skills? (Definitely an under-rated talent and benefit.)
- What's their rate of close stat?
- What's their availability? (How easily can you find them to ask questions or gain info? Weekends? Extended hours?)
- More ...
The media likes to lump lenders and loan officers into one bunch. They're wrong.
Fact is: All loan officers and lenders are NOT created equal.
Great discrepancies exist between them. If you're in need of financing, you need to choose the individual loan officer you want to work with.
Not just the company. Not just the interest rate. Not just the mortgage program. The individual you choose can and will make a difference to the success you find.
Invest in yourself. Invest the time. Get the best and right Chicago-area LO for your needs ...
* Hoping to Buy, Build, or Refinance in New Lenox, Will County, or the Greater Chicago - Chicagoland area? Contact me today! I'll put my 37 years of mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at:
Regional Manager - Mortgage Lender
American Portfolio Mortgage Corp.
Personal NMLS #216987
NMLS # 175656
Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender, a Lender with 36 years of #mortgage experience, will offer you exemplary mortgage service and advice when seeking: #Conventional, #FHA, #VA, #Jumbo, #USDA, and Portfolio Loans in #Chicago and the greater Chicagoland region, including: The #Lincoln-Way Area, #Will County, (#New Lenox, #Frankfort, #Mokena, #Manhattan, #Joliet, #Shorewood, #Crest Hill, #Plainfield, #Bolingbrook, #Romeoville, #Naperville, #Wilmington, #Peotone, etc.), #DuPage County, the City of Chicago, #Cook County, and elsewhere within IL. Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender can be contacted at:
815.524.2280 or via his email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender soon!